PM Imran Khan appoints ex-NAB deputy prosecutor as accountability assistant
"In terms of rule 4(6) of the Rules of Business, 1973 read with serial number 1A of Schedule-VA of the said rules, the prime minister has been pleased to appoint, with immediate effect, Mirza Shahzad Akbar as special assistant to the prime minister on accountability, with the status of Minister of State," said a notification from the Cabinet Secretariat.
Shahzad Akbar is a former deputy prosecutor for the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). He is also the founder, legal director and a trustee of the Foundation for Fundamental Rights, an organization that works "towards the advancement, protection and enforcement of fundamental human rights.
Unconventional & extempore: PM Imran Khan ... 10:51 PM | 19 Aug, 2018
LAHORE - Prime Minister Imran Khan pledged that his government would cut spending, launch sweeping reforms and take ...
This is reportedly the first time a prime minister has appointed a special assistant on accountability. Akbar's appointment is in line with the new government's promise to strengthen the check and balance system in the country.
With Akbar's appointment, the premier's cabinet has gone up to 22 members.
- Rashid Malik congrats PTF head on Pak U-12 team’s title win10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Pakistan's largest sports drive tomorrow09:54 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani warships dock at Iranian port in second visit of this year09:25 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- 4th PGA Ladies Amateur Golf Championship concludes08:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan to honour citizen who tried to save Sri Lankan man from ...08:35 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Hira Khan’s new dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021