US test-fires previously banned cruise missile after exiting INF treaty
United States has tested a medium-range ground launched cruise missile, just weeks after tearing up the Cold War-era pact with Russia that eliminated such nuclear-capable weapons.
The missile was launched from the US Navy-controlled San Nicolas Island off the coast of Los Angeles, California.
Reacting to that, Russia has said the US test of ground-launched cruise missile is regrettable and showed that Washington had long been preparing for the demise of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.
INF nuclear treaty: NATO avoids arms race' after ... 11:39 AM | 3 Aug, 2019
BRUSSELS - NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has said that the alliance does not want a new arms race after ...
According to TASS news agency, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said Russia would not be drawn into an arms race.
Moscow still did not intend to deploy missiles unless the United States did so first, he added.
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019