Rashid Minhas: Pakistan remembers youngest Nishan-e-Haider holder
ISLAMABAD – Pakistani nation on Tuesday remembered its hero Rashid Minhas on his 48th martyrdom anniversary, paying rich tributes to his loyalty and patriotism for the country's defence.
Minhas belonged to a famous Minhas clan of Rajput. He was born on February 17, 1951 in Karachi.
Hero Pakistani pilots, who shot down Indian jets, ... 10:56 PM | 14 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD – President of Pakistan Dr Arif Alvi on Wednesday conferred military honour upon two hero pilots of ...
From an early age, Minhas was fascinated with aviation history and technology. He used to collect different models of aircraft and jets.
He studied from Saint Mary's Academy, Lalazar, and completed his O and A levels at the age of 18.
He then attended Karachi University where he studied Military history and Aviation history.
He completed his O levels at the age of 16 with A grades in all of his subjects.
After enrolling in the Air Force, he passed out of the PAF academy with 3rd position and was awarded the Sword of Honor for his performance.
Since his childhood he used to write in his diary that "We cannot live forever then why don't we sacrifice ourselves on our dear homeland, yes it is an easy job".
On this day in 1971 , during a routine training mission on a T-33 Jet trainer, his instructor tried to take control of the plane, knocking him down in the process. Rashid made sure that he didn't let the traitor accomplish his mission.
He sacrificed his life by crashing the jet 32 miles inside Pakistani territory. He didn't compromise on the honor and integrity of his country and made sure that his jet didn't get into the hands of the enemy.
His bravery made him a childhood hero for the young Pakistanis and became the reason why so many young kids wanted to join the armed forces, especially PAF .
He is also the shortest-serving and the youngest officer to receive the award for his valor. He embraced martyrdom at the age of 20.
- Corruption biggest hindrance to reforms, says PM Imran04:48 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Patient killed after Rescue 1122 ambulance falls into Muzaffargarh ...04:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan's rank drops by three spots in global corruption index04:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Mohsin Abbas Haider refuses to pay for childcare01:46 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Gohar Rasheed to be a part of Nadeem Baig's London Nahi Jaunga01:37 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019