Mahira Khan joins Hollywood icons to stop stereotyping refugees
In a video message shared on Instagram, Mahira talks about the importance of raising awareness. “Every action counts, every voice counts,” she wrote in the caption.
The video includes Riz Ahmed, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ben Stiller, Cate Blanchett, Neil Gaiman, Jung Woo-sung and Yusra Mardini among others raising their voice on the plight of refugees.
Khan was appointed the UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador for Pakistan in November. "Pakistan has set an example for the world where a country has hosted refugees for the last 40 years... this is one cause, because I feel so strongly about it, this is something that I want to talk about, especially as Pakistan's UNHCR National Goodwill Ambassador."
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019