Mahira Khan joins Hollywood icons to stop stereotyping refugees
In a video message shared on Instagram, Mahira talks about the importance of raising awareness. “Every action counts, every voice counts,” she wrote in the caption.
The video includes Riz Ahmed, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ben Stiller, Cate Blanchett, Neil Gaiman, Jung Woo-sung and Yusra Mardini among others raising their voice on the plight of refugees.
Khan was appointed the UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador for Pakistan in November. "Pakistan has set an example for the world where a country has hosted refugees for the last 40 years... this is one cause, because I feel so strongly about it, this is something that I want to talk about, especially as Pakistan's UNHCR National Goodwill Ambassador."
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020