Shoaib Malik’s nephew Huraira smashes a place in cricket record books
LAHORE – Veteran Pakistani batsman Shoaib Malik's nephew Muhammad Huraira has become the second youngest cricketer of the country to smash a triple century in the ongoing Quaid-er-Azam Trophy.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) shared the good news on Twitter along with a video of Huraira’s innings.
"MONUMENTAL EFFORT! 19-year-old Mohammad Huraira becomes the second-youngest Pakistan batter to score a first-class triple century!" it wrote.
"In 1975 - Javed Miandad became the youngest batsman to score a first-class triple-century when he achieved the feat for Karachi Whites against National Bank at the age of 17 years 310 days," the PCB shared in an earlier tweet.
📅 April 1975— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) April 19, 2021
🏟️ National Stadium, Karachi
⌚️ 629 minutes
🏏 311 runs#OnThisDay in 1975 - Javed Miandad became the youngest batsman to score a first-class triple-century when he achieved the feat for Karachi Whites against National Bank at the age of 17 years 310 days. pic.twitter.com/KDOIaOySMo
Huraira achieved the milestone while playing in his debut first-class season at the age of 19 years and 239 days.
He is the eighth overall batsman to make the record.
Mohammad Huraira and bowler Mubasir Khan’s impressive performance lead Northern to an innings and 170 runs win over Balochistan on day three of the final round match of the tournament at the State Bank of Pakistan Stadium.
Shoaib Malik sets another record in T20 cricket 11:50 PM | 7 Oct, 2021
LAHORE – Pakistani all-rounder Shoaib Malik set another record on Thursday as he became the first Asian batsman ...
- Over one million Muslims move to Mina to perform rituals of Hajj 202209:10 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022