This Pakistani university is going to set up a cinema on campus
Students and participants greeted Vice-Chancellor Dr Ishtiaq Ahmad on his landmark declaration which will promote filmmaking and art. The VC announced that Jinnah Hall would be refurbished to host the cinema .
The concept of launching ceremony of campus cinema was jointly organised by the Department of Communication and Media Studies and Institute of Art and Design, UoS and the Asia Peace Film Festival (APFF).
The campus cinema was an initiative of the APFF engaging young and emerging filmmakers currently studying in different universities and colleges in Pakistan , said a press release issued on Wednesday.
The core objective of the campus cinema was to create a learning opportunity for filmmakers, writers, directors, producers and actors so that they could enrich their skills and content for a competitive production to the media and film industry, explained Executive Director of APFF Yasir Qureshi.
The project of campus cinema would be aimed at the screening of selected works across Asia, holding tutorial sessions, giving briefings on inter-university film competition and facilitating multi-country certification of the course, he added.
Chairman APFF Amjad Bhatti said the APFF was a travelling festival inspired by the tradition of art, craft and creativity striving to bring filmmaking and peacebuilding communities together.
Later, a special screening session was held on students works from different countries of Asia, including Pakistan , Indonesia, Japan, Iran, China, Syria and Korea.
Addressing the ceremony, Dr Wang Shan, a Chinese scholar on film and culture, expressed her happiness in interacting with zealous audience.
Head of PTV World Masood Baig, in his address, announced the biggest National Film Festival to be held as part of the Pakistan Day celebrations and asked students to submit their entries. He encouraged students to participate in competitions and to showcase their talent by story-telling of daily activities through films.
Filmmaker from Sindh Kainat Thaibo, representative of Higher Education Commission Fatima Shah, Ashraf Kakar, Hasnain Ghayur and others also attended the event.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019