Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has revised up its economic growth rate for the previous fiscal year 2020-21 to 5.37 percent from 3.9pc, Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar announced on Thursday.
In a tweet, Umar said that the National Accounts Committee (NAC) had approved the revised estimate of gross domestic product (GDP) growth for the previous financial year.
“The growth in 2020-21 was 5.37%. This is the 2nd highest growth in the last 14 years. Higher growth versus provisional estimates which were based on jul-mar numbers, was mainly due to very strong industrial growth in apr-jun,” the minister wrote.
NAC approved revised estimate of GDP growth for 2020-21 . The growth in 2020-21 was 5.37%. This is the 2nd highest growth in last 14 years. Higher growth versus provisional estimates which were based on jul-mar numbers, was mainly due to very strong industrial growth in apr-jun.— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) January 20, 2022
The government has revised the GDP rate for 2020-21 for the second as initially, it set it as 2.3% in the 2020 annual budget and later revised it up to 3.9%.
The planning ministry in a statement said that NAC reviewed and approved the rebased series from 2015-16 to 2020-21 on the prices of 2015-16.
“Due to improved coverage & better estimation of input-output structure of industries, the gross value addition has increased by Rs.3.1 Trillion in the base year 2015-16 from Rs.27.4 trillion to Rs. 30.5Trillion,” it added.
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022