Bollywood acting legend Naseeruddin Shah turns 68
Born on 20 July 1949, Shah has worked in more than 100 films including Sarfarosh, Ishqiya, Dedh Ishqiya, The Dirty Picture. He also directed the 2006 Bollywood film, Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota, starring Irrfan Khan and Konkana Sen Sharma.
Shah began his acting career playing Vishwan in the 1975 Hindi film, Nishant. Since then, he has done several movies in English and some regional languages of India while he mainly appeared in the Hindi ones.
He launched his autobiography in the year 2014, titled And then one day: A Memoir.
His first Pakistani film Khuda Kay Liye showed the world the other side of his acting; he played a Mufti who was asked to appear as a witness in an ongoing case and his reasoning left all spellbound. Shoaib Mansoor’s dialogues and direction also added weight to the sequence.
Naseeruddin Shah is playing the role of a whistle-blower in his next movie, ‘Aiyaary’.
- Will sit on opposition benches if loses confidence vote, says PM Imran07:12 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- ECO Summit – PM Imran stresses regional connectivity for development06:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- IHC orders removal of ex-ISI chief Durrani’s name from ECL04:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021