A tearful Kanye West launches presidential campaign with unorthodox rally
Kanye West has officially launched his campaign for the 2020 US presidential election, with a chaotic rally in Charleston, South Carolina.
The rapper had “2020” shaved into his hair and donned a military-style vest labelled “security”.
West addressed an indoor crowd without a microphone, which is why he struggled to make himself heard and telling the crowd to stop clapping.
West's lengthy, live-streamed speech lasted for almost one hour and involved drug policy, abortion, religion and even his own music business.
"Harriet Tubman never actually freed the slaves. She just had the slaves work for other white people," he said while discussing economic inequality.
"Freedom does not come from an election. The freedom comes from you not loading up the pornography. The freedom comes from you not taking the Percoset," he said at one point.
Referring to the Bible and Christian teachings repeatedly, West broke down in tears as he revealed that he was nearly aborted by his parents as well.
"The only thing that can free us is by obeying the rules that were given to us for a promised land," he said. "Abortion should be legal because guess what? The law is not by God anyway, so what is legality?"
On July 4, West raised eyebrows when he announced on Twitter that he would challenge Trump.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020