First chief justice of Islamabad High Court passes away
ISLAMABAD – The first Chief Justice of Islamabad High Court, namely Justice (R) Sardar Muhammad Aslam passed away on Monday.
The Chief Justice, Judges and Staff of Islamabad High Court are deeply saddened by the news of this irreparable loss in legal fraternity, said a press release issued here.
We express extreme grief over his untimely demise. We extend our deepest condolences and sympathies to the bereaved family.
The late Justice (R) Sardar Muhammad Aslam was an eminent lawyer and a highly respected and renowned pillar of the legal community.
His enviable human qualities will always be remembered. He had a distinguished career.
He started practice as an Advocate in the year 1973.
He was enrolled as an Advocate High Court in the year 1976 and then as an Advocate of Supreme Court of Pakistan in the year 1982. He had the distinction of being elected as President, Lahore High Court Rawalpindi Bench Bar Association, Rawalpindi.
He had also distinguishly served as the Deputy Attorney General in the year 2001. He also remained as member of Punjab Bar Council.
Justice (R) Sardar Muhammad Aslam was elevated as Judge of Lahore High Court in 2003 and later served as a Judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He was elevated as the first Chief Justice of Islamabad High Court on 7th February, 2008.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:46 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesham Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose ...01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020