Mondelēz Pakistan MD, Sami Wahid, joins the Male Champions of Change
Karachi, July 19, 2022 – Mondelēz Pakistan has achieved a significant milestone with its MD, Sami Wahid, joining the Male Champions of Change Pakistan (MCC Pakistan).
MCC Pakistan is a leading platform whose members are committed to utilizing their influence and resources on leveling the playing field with respect to issues like gender equality, diversity and women’s empowerment within their organizations and in society as a whole.
MCC Pakistan was established in 2018 and is a member organization of the Champions of Change Coalition. The body's strategy is focused on engaging men of power and influence to advance gender equality. Members include 19 MDs and Managing Directors from some of the biggest entities in Pakistan from various sectors including hospitality, telecommunications, information technology, textile, financial advisory, micro-finance, logistics and media.
Mr Sami Wahid’s membership in MCC Pakistan demonstrates his commitment to leading Mondelēz Pakistan in its pursuit of diversity, equality and inclusion. A signing ceremony, held at the Mondelēz Pakistan headquarters to formalize Mr Wahid’s inauguration to the panel, was attended by Mr Sami Wahid, MD of Mondelēz Pakistan; Ms Fiza Farhan, Convenor of MCC Pakistan, Ms Khadijah Khan, People Lead Commercial, Mondelēz Pakistan; and Ms Afshan Khan, Talent Acquisition Advisor, Mondelēz Pakistan.
Expressing his views on the development, Mr Sami Wahid, MD, Mondelez Pakistan commented: “As leaders, we have both an opportunity and a responsibility to create a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people. Coming together with the Champions of Change demonstrates our ongoing commitment at Mondelēz Pakistan to accelerate gender equality within our organization and beyond,” says Mr Wahid.
Mondelēz Pakistan has been focused on addressing diversity, equality and inclusion challenges, and accelerating more diverse women into leadership positions. The company recently won an award for Gender Diversity at Workplace during the 18th Annual Excellence Awards held by CFA Society Pakistan.
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif appears before court in money laundering ...11:54 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Former PM Imran Khan arrives at Judge Zeba Chaudhry’s court to ...11:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- US envoy again denies seeking regime change, says he supports ...10:44 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s new finance chief urges IMF to ease harsh economic ...10:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Audio leaks: All eyes on dark web ‘hacker’ who announces ...09:48 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani toddler bags 22 records11:46 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022