Pakistan partially resumes international flight operations
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that the airspace for international flights is being opened partially to help our overseas workers who have suffered most in COVID-19 pandemic.
In a tweet on Saturday, the Prime Minister also appreciated the overseas Pakistanis for showing great courage. He also appreciated their philanthropic role in helping their brothers and sisters abroad during Covid-19.
Tomorrow we will partially open airspace for intl flights.This is being done specially to help our Overseas workers who have suffered most in this pandemic but have shown great courage & made us proud. We welcome you back home & our govt will facilitate you in every way.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) June 20, 2020
The Prime Minister said there are many examples where the Pakistani community has been a source of inspiration, helping those around in need. He said government will facilitate these workers in every way.
I appreciate the philanthropic role played by the Overseas Pakistani community in helping their brothers & sisters abroad during Covid19. There are many examples where the Pakistani community has been a source of inspiration, helping those around in need.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) June 20, 2020
Pakistan has restored international flight operations today (Saturday) from all its international airports, except Gwadar and Turbat.
Spokesperson for Aviation division said in a statement that the permission for international flight operations would be subject to restrictions in light of the current COVID-19 scenario and implementation of health protocols, adding that, cargo, special and diplomatic flights would continue to be authorized as per procedure in vogue and adherence to the relevant applicable standard operating procedures would be mandatory for all airline operators.
- Met forecasts very hot, humid weather in most parts of country11:42 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown imposed in seven UCs in Karachi till July 1811:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Unplanned major cities threat to agriculture land, environment: PM ...08:41 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020