World T20 2016: Afghanistan vs South Africa, Sri Lanka vs West Indies matches today
Afghanistan vs South Africa match will be played at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium and second game of the day will be played at Bangalore.
The first match (Afghanistan vs South Africa) will start at 3:00pm (Indian Standard Time) and 2:30pm (Pakistan Standard Time), and second match (Sri Lanka vs West Indies) will begin at 7:30pm (Indian Standard Time) and 7:00pm (Pakistan Standard Time).
Daily Pakistan Global Live Scorecard:
Asghar Stanikzai (c), Amir Hamza, Dawlat Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Hamid Hassan, Karim Sadiq, Mohammad Nabi, Mohammad Shahzad, Najibullah Zadran, Noor Ali Zadran, Rashid Khan, Samiullah Shenwari, Shafiqullah Shafiq, Shapoor Zadran, Usman Ghani
South Africa Squad:
Faf du Plessis (c), Kyle Abbott, Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, David Miller, Chris Morris, Aaron Phangiso, Kagiso Rabada, Rilee Rossouw, Dale Steyn, David Wiese
Sri Lanka Squad:
Lasith Malinga (c), Angelo Mathews, Dushmantha Chameera, Dinesh Chandimal, Niroshan Dickwella, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Rangana Herath, Shehan Jayasuriya, Chamara Kapugedara, Nuwan Kulasekera, Thisara Perera, Sachithra Senanayake, Dasun Shanaka, Milinda Siriwardena, Jeffrey Vandersay
West Indies Squad:
Darren Sammy (c), Samuel Badree, Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Ashley Nurse, Denesh Ramdin, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Jerome Taylor
The Super 10 round comprises of 18 games, where two groups of fives teams each are fighting each other to qualify for semifinals. Top two teams from both groups will make it to semifinals. The round will conclude on March 28.
New Delhi and Mumbai will host the semi-finals on 30 and 31 March, respectively, while Eden Gardens in Kolkata will be the venue of the 3 April finals. The women’s semi-finals and final will be followed by the men’s knock-out matches. There is a reserve day for the finals.
Earlier Bangladesh and Afghanistan qualified for the Super 10 round, remaining top teams of two groups in the qualifying round.
Pakistan at WT20:
Pakistan played Bangladesh on March 16 in the first of its Super 10 match. On March 19, Green Shirts faced off arch rival India at Kolkata’s Eden Garden stadium. It will play against New Zealand and Australia on March 22 and March 25 respectively.
Prize for WT20 Winners:
The men’s event will carry a total prize money of $5.6million, which is an 86 per cent increase from the 2014 tournament, while the total prize money for the women’s event is $400,000, which is a 122 per cent increase from the Bangladesh event.
Points Table Group 1:
Team Played Won Lost Tied N/R Points
Sri Lanka 1 1 0 0 0 2
England 2 1 1 0 0 2
South Africa 1 0 1 0 0 0
West Indies 1 1 0 0 0 2
Afghanistan 1 0 1 0 0 0
Points Table Group 2:
Team Played Won Lost Tied N/R Points
Pakistan 2 1 1 0 0 2
India 2 1 1 0 0 2
Australia 1 0 1 0 0 0
New Zealand 2 2 0 0 0 4
Bangladesh 1 0 1 0 0 0
World T20 Schedule and Venues:
- Dominant Pakistan rout host Indonesia 13-0 at Asia Hockey Cup10:44 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- No monkeypox case detected in Pakistan, says top health body09:54 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Lahore, Rawalpindi boards cancel Matric exam09:37 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Google celebrates 15 years of Street View09:09 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Humayun Saeed updates fans about upcoming series based on Salahuddin ...07:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold photos set internet on fire04:40 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022