PML-N’s Javed Latif booked for 'sowing seeds of hate'
LAHORE – Police in Punjab on Saturday registered a case against PML-N MNA Mian Javed Latif, for maligning state institutions on a complaint filed by a citizen.
Jameel Saleem, a resident of Lahore, has filed the case against the MNA at the Township Police station.
Saleem claimed that Latif ‘sowed seeds of hate’ among PPP and PML-N workers and insulted Pakistan’s national security, government and state institutions.
The complainant further said that the MNA hurt the sentiments of the people to cause chaos in the country.
The FIR states that by making such a statement the PML-N leader violated the law. He has included Sections 120, 120-B, 153, 153-A, 500 and 500 1–B in the FIR.
The FIR comes amid demands by various government officials to lodge a case against the MNA over his ‘Pakistan Khappay’ remarks, that has hurt Pakistanis.
The complainant, however, is not a government employee not has any relations with the government but is only a citizen of Pakistan.
Latif had hurt Pakistanis in a TV show by saying is anything happened to PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz, the PML-N will not say 'Pakistan Khappay'.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister of Pakistan on Political Communication Dr Shahbaz Gill, and SAPM to the Punjab Chief Minister on Information Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan, condemned the PML-N leaders statement saying it has become evident the only thing dear to PMLN was money and it is the height of madness and shamelessness.
PDM to announce new date for long march after ... 09:02 PM | 18 Mar, 2021
PESHAWAR – Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman said on Monday that new date for long ...
- Pakistan’s top judge terms Article 62-1(f) as ‘draconian law’12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Policy commitments made by Pakistan to get bailout package continue ...11:32 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022