ECP opens foreign funding probe against PML-N, PPP amid long pending PTI case
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan on Wednesday summoned Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in the foreign funding case, identical in nature to a case pending against the ruling PTI since long, on November 26.
The investigation has been initiated against the major opposition parties on a petition filed by PTI’s Farrukh Habib, accusing the political opponents of receiving illegal funds from the US and UK.
Habid said, "The PPP and the PML-N should worry about accounting for the funds they received from the US and the UK, Geo News reported.
Habib said that both parties were not willing to discuss facts about their funding. The PML-N had used party funds to launder money, he alleged
He vowed not to let the PPP and PML-N flee in the case.
ECP is already seized with the petition of PTI’s former leader Akbar S Babar, who alleged that PTI secured billions of rupees funding through illegal means and the huge money was deposited into the account of PTI’s members. The election body was moved by Babar in 2014.
Criticising the slow pace in the case, Opposition’s Rahbar Committee on Wednesday also demanded that the ECP conduct a daily hearing of the foreign funding case against the ruling party.
- PM Imran felicitates China on 71st founding anniversary08:29 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Here is complete process to apply online for Punjab Rozgar Scheme08:02 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Dilip Kumar gets emotional over Pakistan's decision of restoring his ...05:58 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan lodges protest with India for latest ceasefire violation ...05:57 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB arrests son of PPP's late Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020