North Korea urges countries to move away from Trump's 'reckless moves' in open letter
Confirming the letter, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said that the note has also been sent to other countries, slamming the US President Donald Trump' warning to completely destroy North Korea if forced to defend the US and allies while speaking at the UN General Assembly session.
The one-page letter was sent by the Foreign Affairs Committee of Pyongyang's Supreme People's Assembly says, "Trump threatened to totally destroy the DPRK, a dignified independent and sovereign state and a nuclear power. It is an extreme act of threatening to totally destroy the whole world".
"If Trump thinks that he would bring the DPRK, a nuclear power, to its knees through nuclear war threat, it will be a big miscalculation and an expression of ignorance," it added.
The Australian prime minister said North Korea was responsible for rift by "threatening to fire nuclear missiles at Japan and South Korea and the United States".
"They have sent [the letter] to a lot of other countries, like a circular letter," Mr Turnbull told local radio station 3AW.
On Saturday, Pyongyang warned Australia would "not be able to avoid a disaster" if it followed America's policies towards Kim Jong-un's regime.
Tension escalated between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un after the North exploded sixth nuclear bomb and test-fired intercontinental missiles.
The Trump administration called for military action against the state, while Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that efforts were being made to defuse the tension diplomatically.
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022