FM Shah Mehmood to meet Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj on sidelines of UNGA
Addressing a press conference on Thursday, MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar confirmed the meeting, however, clarified that no agenda has been discussed between both the countries so far for the interaction to took place this month.
The final dates will be finalised between the foreign ministry officials of both the country, said the official.
Kumar added that the Indian foreign minister will raise the Kartarpur corridor issue with Pakistan.
The development comes after the Indian premier called for bilateral engagements, with a positive response from Islamabad as Imran Khan emphasized on resuming dialogue between the two countries.
'Building on the mutual desire for peace between our two countries, I wish to propose a meeting between Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj before the informal meeting of the SAARC Foreign Minister at the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in the New York,' read the letter.
PM Imran responds to Modi's call for bilateral ... 09:01 AM | 20 Sep, 2018
NEW DELHI – Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, in response to Indian counterpart Narendra Modi’s call for ...
It added, “We, however, owe it to our peoples, especially the future generation, to peacefully resolve all outstanding issues, including the Jammu & Kashmir dispute, to bridge differences and achieve a mutually beneficial outcome. Sir Creek also need close attention to move towards resolution”.
The communication was also confirmed by Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal stating that the prime minister responded to PM Modi, in a positive spirit, reciprocating his sentiments.
PM has responded to PM Modi, in a positive spirit, reciprocating his sentiments. Let’s talk and resolve all issues. We await formal reaponse from India.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) September 20, 2018
'Let’s talk and resolve all issues. We await formal response from India,' said the official.
- Asim Saleem Bajwa resigns as CPEC Authority chairman07:26 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan revises SOPs for international inbound travellers amid spike ...07:02 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- 28 Pakistani prisoners repatriated from Saudi Arabia06:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- 'Cannot spend nights with Ziaullah Bangash!' Kohat woman accuses PTI ...06:17 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Nora Fatehi stuns fans with alluring dance moves on ‘Disco ...05:04 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan jolts the internet with killer dance moves in saree ...04:09 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021