INDIAN EXTREMISM: Shiv Sena threatens Pakistan’s Atif Aslam
The party’s cine wing, Chitrapat Sena, has opposed performances by any Pakistani artist. However, the leaders of the Chitrapat Sena were silent about Atif’s scheduled performance in Ahmedabad on May 10.
“The Shiv Sena’s stand has been very clear, that we do not support a concert by any Pakistani artist. The neighbouring country is sending terrorists to India, blasting bombs, attacking our Parliament, then how do we welcome their artists,” Chitrapat Sena leader Adesh Bandekar said.
To a query whether the Sena was also going to oppose Atif Aslam’s concert in Gujarat, Bandekar said their protest was limited to Maharashtra at present. “I was informed about his Pune concert and we are opposing his show in Maharashtra,” Bandekar said. The popular singer is going to perform in Pune’s plush Amanora Park in Hadpsar area. Local Shiv Sena leader Mahadeo Babar has raised a voice against the concert.
This is not the first time that the Sena has opposed performances by Pakistani artists in India. The Sena had earlier opposed noted singer Gulam Ali and the Meekal Hasan Band who were supposed to perform at the Mumbai Press Club. It had protested against the inclusion of Pakistani television host and cross-dresser Begum Nawazish Ali and actor Veena Malik in the Big Boss show in 2010. It also disrupted a Sindhi Sufi music show in Delhi in 2014.
- PSL 2021 – Lahore Qalandars win toss and elect to bowl first ...06:05 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan gets $3.17 billion debt relief from G-2005:51 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Watch — PTI MNA Ali Nawaz Awan caught hurling abuses at opposition ...05:46 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021