Do you love jewelry? here's a list of world's most expensive jewels
Today millions of dollars are spent to buy the best jewelry worldwide but few decorates –mostly owned by the wealthiest people on the globe- can be regarded as the most expensive jewels ever carved by human.
Top seven of them are:
The Graff Pink: $46.2 Million
This rare 24.78-carat pink diamond is nick named 'pink panther' and considered the "greatest diamond ever discovered for it classification". Little is known about its origins, but Harry Winston sold it recently in an auction to jeweler, Laurence Graff. Its price is one of the highest ever spent on a piece of jewelry!
The Patiala Necklace: $25 Million (in 1948)
The Patiala Necklace owned by Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of India was stolen in 1948, although parts of it were recovered in a London antique shop in 1998. It originally had 5 rows of diamond-encrusted platinum chains and 2,930 diamonds at 962.25-carats! In the center 7 large diamonds, each between 18-carats and 73-carats surmounted a pendant holding the iconic 18-carat tobacco colored De Beers diamond, alongside 2 rubies weighing 29.58-carats!
Heart of the Kingdom Ruby: $14 Million
A worldwide respected jeweler, Garrard owns this huge and rare 40.63-carat heart-shaped Burmese ruby, mounted on a 155-carat diamond necklace. Not special enough? It can also be transformed and worn as a tiara!
Emerald and Diamond Tiara: $12.7 Million
This emerald and diamond tiara holds 11 very rare Colombian emerald pear-shaped drops weighing around 500-carats. Its previous owner was Princess Katharina Henckel von Donnersmarck of old Upper Hungary, circa 1900. Sotheby’s Magnificent and Noble Jewels sold it for $2 million more than its original estimated price in 2011!
Bulgari Blue Diamond Ring: $15.7 Million
This 1972 art deco Bulgari two-stone features a triangular-cut blue diamond that weighs 10.95 carats, and another triangular shaped diamond weighing 9.87 carats. Flawless!
L’Incomparable Diamond Necklace: $55 Million
The 637-carat diamond set on an 18k gold necklace is named the world’s most expensive by Guinness World Records! The natural deep-yellow diamond is the largest internally flawless diamond graded by the Gemological Institute of America. Adorning the huge center stone are 35 round diamonds, 27 pear-shaped diamonds, 9 heart-shaped diamonds, 5 emerald-cut diamonds, 5 cushion diamonds, 4 oval diamonds, 3 Asscher-cut diamonds and 2 radiant diamonds. Whew!
Wittelsbach-Graff Diamond: $24.3 Million
Legend is the stone was originally procured in 1664 by King Philip IV of Spain for his daughter's dowry. True or not, it is known to have resided with a series of European royal families, where it was lost and recovered until in 2008, the jeweler Laurence Graff purchased and cut it into a 31.06-carat diamond.
- PSL 2021: Karachi Kings to face Peshawar Zalmi tonight01:01 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran announces subsidy for poor families to buy essential items ...12:43 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- UAE likely to lift Covid travel ban for Pakistanis starting July 712:18 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Canada Islamophobic attack suspect charged with terrorism11:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Murad Ali Shah to present Sindh budget 2021-22 today10:30 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021