PM Imran agrees to get tested for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan may be tested for the COVID-19 or asked to go into isolation after meeting Faisal Edhi who tested positive for the infection, his personal physician said on Tuesday.
"I am happy to announce that the prime minister, being a responsible prime minister and a responsible citizen, has agreed to get tested on my advice," said Dr Faisal Sultan, who is also the prime minister's personal physician and also his focal person for coronavirus, during a press conference Thursday.
The presser followed reports of Faisal Edhi, the head of one of Pakistan's largest charity groups, the Edhi Foundation, testing positive for coronavirus. Last week, he had met Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad where he donated a Rs10 million check on behalf of his organisation.
Faisal Sultan, who is also the CEO of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital, told media that would meet PM on Wednesday.
“I will meet him and recommend that he gets tested. We will follow all protocols in place and make recommendations accordingly,” he said.
The protocols recommend self-isolation for people who meet those tested positive for the coronavirus.
Edhi is in Islamabad at the moment and, according to his son, had started showing symptoms last week, soon after meeting PM Khan in Islamabad on April 15.
“The symptoms lasted for four days before subsiding,” Saad Edhi told the media.
He added that his father was currently in Islamabad and was doing better. “He has not been admitted to any hospital and is self-isolating,” he added.
- Two students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab11:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Saudi Arabia announces to restore Umrah pilgrimage in phases09:32 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Brand Spectrum wins Best Social Media Campaign recognition at ...09:12 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020