Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir urges world to prosecute India for state terrorism in occupied Kashmir
NEW YORK – Munir Akram, Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the UN, in his message on the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the victims of terrorism, said that the international community should seek to prosecute the Indian civil and military personnel involved in the state terrorism, war crimes and crimes against humanity.
“As we commemorate the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the victims of terrorism, Pakistan expresses its solidarity and support with the victims of terrorism and their families around the world,” he said.
Akram highlighted that Pakistan is one of the worst victims of the terrorism, adding that the country lost over 70,000 precious lives and suffered economic losses in billions of dollars.
“We salute and honour our brave soldiers, law enforcement officials and innocent civilians who paid the ultimate price to defend Pakistan,” he said in the statement.
“Today, we also remember the worst victims of state terrorism perpetrated by India against innocent people of Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Over 100,000 Kashmiris have lost their lives, 22,000 women widowed and raped and hundreds of thousands of children martyred by the India.
Since August 5, 2019, 8 million Kashmiris are under siege in the IIOJ&K. Political leaders have been imprisoned; 13,000 Kashmiri youth have been abducted and tortured; peaceful protestors brutally suppressed; given collective punishments and killed in extra-judicial encounters. These innocent Kashmiri victims of terrorism demand justice from the international community of the worst state terrorism perpetrated by the India, he concluded.
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020