ECC allows to import 200,000 tonnes of wheat
ISLAMABAD - Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of Cabinet has allowed Trading Corporation of Pakistan to place an order for the import of 200,000 tonnes of wheat.
The decision was taken in ECC meeting which was held in Islamabad with Advisor on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh in the chair.
Ministry of National Food Security and Research Secretary Omar Hamid Khan told ECC that 500,000 tonnes of wheat is also being imported by private sector and first shipment is already scheduled to reach the country's port on Wednesday, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The ECC also took up a proposal for the import of sugar through private importers and to reduce levy of sales tax and other duties on the import of sugar.
- 645 new Coronavirus cases reported; seven deaths in past 24 hours04:23 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- How to check 10th Class Result 2020 Online via SMS on Mobile03:21 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- BISE Faisalabad board to announce Matric 2020 result today (view ...02:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- BISE Multan to announce Matric 2020 result today (check result)02:34 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston reunite for a virtual reading of Fast ...11:59 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020