ECC allows to import 200,000 tonnes of wheat
ISLAMABAD - Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of Cabinet has allowed Trading Corporation of Pakistan to place an order for the import of 200,000 tonnes of wheat.
The decision was taken in ECC meeting which was held in Islamabad with Advisor on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh in the chair.
Ministry of National Food Security and Research Secretary Omar Hamid Khan told ECC that 500,000 tonnes of wheat is also being imported by private sector and first shipment is already scheduled to reach the country's port on Wednesday, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The ECC also took up a proposal for the import of sugar through private importers and to reduce levy of sales tax and other duties on the import of sugar.
- PAKvSA – Confident Pakistan aim for series lead over South Africa07:39 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PSL 6 to resume on June 1, announces PCB06:11 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran seeks Bill Gates’ help in combating climate change05:41 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani student’s documentary bags top prize at global ...03:31 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Jibran Nasir ties knot with Mansha Pasha in intimate ceremony03:22 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Katrina Kaif shares sun-kissed photos from quarantine02:05 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021