China proposes package solution to settle border disputes with Bhutan
BEIJING - China on Tuesday proposed a package solution to resolve border disputes with Bhutan saying, the central, eastern and western sections of the boundary were disputed between the two countries.
“China’s position has been consistent and clear. That part of the territory is not yet demarcated, and the middle, eastern and western sections of the border are disputed, Chinese Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Wang Wenbin said during his regular briefing while responding to a question regarding China’s claim over Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary at the Global Environment Facility Council Meeting.
He said, “China has proposed a package solution to these disputes. China is opposed to making an issue of such disputes at multilateral forums and China remains in communication with the relevant parties regarding this issue.”
Last week, China opposed to funding a project for Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary at the 58th meeting of the UNDP’s Global Environment Facility (GEF) Council and said it was a disputed territory.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020