Lightning strikes kill at least 16 in India
NEW DELHI – At least 16 people were killed in lightning strikes during a thunderstorm in Indian state of Bihar.
The Indian meteorological department has issued an alert in the state and warned people of venturing out into the open during rainfall.
According to data issued on Monday, three people died in Purnia district, two in Begusarai, four in Gaya and one each in Patna, Saharsa, Purvi Champaran, Madhepura, Darbhanga, Nawada and Banka.
About a month ago, lightning strikes killed nearly 120 people as powerful thunderstorms lashed northern India during the annual monsoon rains. Bihar, one of India’s poorest states, was the worst hit, with 95 people killed.
- Kashmir will be free soon: PM Imran04:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020