PSL 2018: PCB, Army dry Gaddafi Stadium’s wet outfield with helicopters (VIDEO)
A video shared on social media shows two choppers hovering over the pitch in an attempt to save the big clash from being washed out by rain.
— Mazher Arshad (@MazherArshad) March 21, 2018
One helicopter was sent by the Punjab government and the second by Pakistan Army.
This is only the second time since the 1996 Cricket World Cup final that a chopper has been used to dry out the pitch. Sri Lanka had beaten Australia to lift their maiden World Cup at the iconic Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore in 1996.
Helicopter arrives at the Gaddafi Stadium to help dry the wet outfieldPakistanSuperLeague (@thePSLt20) March 21, 2018
PCB Chairman Najam Sethi shared the development with fans on Twitter.
Heli drying the ground in Lahore. As in 1996 World Cup. All systems are GO! Inshallah!— Najam Sethi (@najamsethi) March 21, 2018
"Heli drying the ground in Lahore. As in 1996 World Cup. All systems are GO! Inshallah!," Sethi tweeted.
Tuesday's eliminator between Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi was also affected by rain. Zalmi qualified for the second eliminator after their stunning one-run win over Quetta Gladiators in the ongoing edition of the Pakistan Super League at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
- Pakistan's interior minister visits Siachen, pays tribute to martyrs ...03:47 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan initiates dialogue with Taliban for an inclusive Afghan ...03:18 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh announces public holiday on Sept 22 to mark Urs of Shah Abdul ...02:33 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Watch: PIA flight receives water cannon salute in Syria01:49 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021