TTP announces full support for PTM
ISLAMABAD - Amid speculations that Pashtun Tahafuz Movement (PTM), apparently raising voices for Pashtun rights, is a tailor-made movement to defame Pakistani security forces, a shocking development surfaced to support the argument when outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban (TTP) publicly announced support for Manzoor Pashteen.
In a video message circulating on social media, TTP's South Waziristan deputy, Azmat Mehsud, assured Manzoor of full support, saying he [PTM chief], who used to speak harsh words against Pakistan Army, was raising their voices against the alleged oppression.
It is the TTP which is involved in attacking Pakistani forces and civilians on multiple occasions, leaving thousands dead. The banned group has itself claimed responsibility for the deadly attacks, including APS attack, Wagah attack, in the country. And coming out a statement in favour of the PTM from the designated group raises eyebrows over the credibility of the latter.
طالبان (جنوبی وزیرستان) کے ڈپٹی عظمت محسود نے منظور محسود اور PTM کی حمایت کا اعلان کر دیا. ضربِ عضب سے پہلے حملہ کر کے قیدی چھڑاے جاتے تھے، اب ان کو بھیجا گیا ہے— Asfandyar Bhittani (@BhittaniKhannnn) May 20, 2018
الله تیرا لاکھ شکر ہے کہ ہمیں اس دجالی فتنے کی اصلیت پہلے دن سے ہی دکھادی اور حق و سچ کی راہ سے بھٹکایا نہیں #TTPTM pic.twitter.com/lYDi7TcrlT
He said, "We are with you against these oppressors," besides advising him, "Don’t get tricked or distracted now". Azmat Mehsud went on to say, "And we stand behind these friends (PTM) who are raising their voices for prisoners".
Citing religious sayings, the commander of banned terror outfit has motivated the PTM to continue agitation. He said, "...this PTM movement deserves all the reward for raising their voice for our prisoners".
Starting in 2014 with a demand of removing landmines from Waziristan, the PTM or the Pashtun Protection Movement, formerly called the Mehsud Tahafuz Movement, rose to prominence in January 2018 when it began a justice movement for Naqeebullah Mehsud, who was killed in a staged encounter by Karachi police during the same month.
But with the passage of time, the PTM's demands increased in April. Pashteen, who repeatedly used hard words for the army which restored peace in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) by fighting against Taliban and other militants, demanded; removal of landmines, information about missing individuals.
Pakistan is unfortunately in a war zone and it is just recovering by defeating terrorism. Alike tribal areas, army check posts are present in many other major cities in order to keep an eye on miscreants.
The army pickets, which are being portrayed as humiliation by the PTM, have been placed for the safety of the citizens.
In an April's rally, the PTM head said, "We have to identify the place that destroyed us," adding, "It is GHQ!", referring to the army's general headquarters in Rawalpindi.
Initially, in response to PTM propaganda, Pakistan’s armed forces did not give any statement. Later, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa without naming the organisation categorically stated that engineered protests would not be allowed to destablise Pakistan.
Social Media Response
منظور پشتین ایک فرضی ہے۔ اس کے پیچھے را گردی ہے۔— Hassan Zai Bangash (@bangash_zai) May 21, 2018
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020