First case of fully vaccinated person testing positive for COVID-19 reported in South Korea
SEOUL – South Korea confirmed on Friday that a fully vaccinated person against COVID-19 has contracted the infection again.
The Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA) announced the so-called “vaccine breakthrough” case, adding that the patient is aged above 20.
It said that the person contracted COVID-19 more than 14 days after receiving two doses of a vaccine.
A "breakthrough case" is when a person tests positive for COVID-19 between their first and second doses of a two-dose vaccine, or a person tests positive two weeks after full vaccination.
Park Young-joon, a KDCA official, feared that such cases will increase as the country has revived up vaccine rollout, adding that fully vaccinated people still need to wear face masks.
As of Thursday, more than 1.4 people have been fully vaccinated, the KDCA said.
COVID-19 – India sets global record for daily ... 12:05 AM | 20 May, 2021
NEW DELHI – India on Wednesday reported more coronavirus deaths in a single day than any other country at any ...
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- PM Shehbaz suspends ‘illegal’ FED at airports09:41 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022