Not so Pop! What went wrong with VELO Sound Station?
The new digital platform receives backlash over 'music without soul' and 'celebrity endorsement' of nicotine product
Velo Sound Station – a digital music platform launched by Velo Pakistan – is celebrating a "new world of pop" but it didn't go well with the music lovers. To the surprise of many, it simply killed the vibe!
Featuring the industry's most incredible singers, this new music platform failed to impress the pop lovers despite much fanfare.
The first episode was released on November 20 and featured performances by Atif Aslam, Umair Jaswal and Natasha Noorani.
Composed by Ahsan Pervaiz, Atif sang 'Kadi Te Hans' while Uzair presented his own take on legendary singer Alamgir's 'Maine Tumhari Gagar Se'.
Noorani sang an original track, titled 'Baby Baby.'
Not to mention 17k subscribers on YouTube the Bilal Maqsood production has so far gained, some people are not even in a mood to watch the upcoming episodes. A number of social media users have also criticised the big names in Pakistani music industry for promoting or endorsing VELO, a nicotine product manufactured by British American Tobacco.
VELO Sound station (so far) is Strings taking revenge on Coke Studio by throwing absolute trash over the latter.— Hammad A. Mateen (@hammadmateen) November 21, 2020
I really like Umair Jaswaal’s voice and am all for music fusions but there’s something (everything?) really off about Gaagar. Is it the nauseating disco lights? The needless dance moves? Poor lip sync? Music? What? #VeloSoundStation— Sabahat Naseem (@SabahatNaseem) November 20, 2020
Cheap... One word for #VeloSoundStation— Dr Ayesha (@Dr_AyeshaNavid) November 20, 2020
#VELOSoundStation is exactly what one could have anticipated:— breen (@breenrana) November 20, 2020
money spent. classic ruined.
#VeloSoundStation is music without soul/purpose/impact. 🙄— Namra M. (@Namramable) November 20, 2020
Do You guys all know what Velo is ?— Hafsa Akbar (@meHafsa_A) November 20, 2020
I am just disappointed by these celebraties supporting, edorsing and advertising a brand which promotes the use of nicotine and addictive stuff in youth.
We all in Pakistan are crazy for Music and Velo is exploiting it#KadiTeHansByAtifAslam
Niswar baicho chahay naachna paray #VeloSoundStation— Ali Kazmi (@AliKazmi1234) November 21, 2020
Music or Noise?#VeloSoundStation— Hussain Ahmed (@aPindiBoy) November 21, 2020
Let's see what response the next episode receives. Velo Sound Station has already announced to release a single episode each week that will include performances by Sajjad Ali, Aima Baig, Uzair Jaswal, Meesha Shafi, Abdullah Qureshi, Sarah Haider, Shamoon Ismail, Nighat Chaudhry and various other bands.
- PM Imran condemns Houthi attacks on UAE in call with Abu Dhabi ruler09:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani Rupee sheds 26 paisas against dollar09:24 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gold price drops by Rs200 per tola in Pakistan08:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- NCOC quashes rumours of closing primary schools in Pakistan08:34 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Ranjan Madugalle to referee in PSL 2022 as PCB confirms match ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui takes a hilarious jibe at Humayun Saeed04:17 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Minal Khan and Ahsan Mohsin share stunning portrait from Kartarpur03:46 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021