Govt in action as two JUI-F leaders arrested in Islamabad before 'Azadi march'
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad police arrested two leaders of Jamiat Ulema Islam - Fazlur Rehman (JUI-F) from Islamabad on Monday days before the political party is set to launch anti-government protest march.
Maulana Shafiq-ur-Rehman and Maulana Muhammad Irshad were arrested from Shams Colony when they were putting up banners for the JUI-F sit-in by violating Section 144 imposed in the area.
Police have registered a case against the JUI-F leaders, alleging that both were urging people to participate in the Azaadi March against the government of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf.
Earlier, it was reported by Geo News that the government had decided in principle to prevent the JUI-F's sit-in (dharna) in the federal capital even if it had to detain the top leadership of the JUI-F.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019