Govt in action as two JUI-F leaders arrested in Islamabad before 'Azadi march'
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad police arrested two leaders of Jamiat Ulema Islam - Fazlur Rehman (JUI-F) from Islamabad on Monday days before the political party is set to launch anti-government protest march.
Maulana Shafiq-ur-Rehman and Maulana Muhammad Irshad were arrested from Shams Colony when they were putting up banners for the JUI-F sit-in by violating Section 144 imposed in the area.
Police have registered a case against the JUI-F leaders, alleging that both were urging people to participate in the Azaadi March against the government of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf.
Earlier, it was reported by Geo News that the government had decided in principle to prevent the JUI-F's sit-in (dharna) in the federal capital even if it had to detain the top leadership of the JUI-F.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019