FM Shah Mehmood cites upcoming elections in India as reason behind 'surprise' cancellation of ministers' moot
In a brief response over the withdrawal of India from foreign ministers moot on the sidelines of United Nations General Assembly, the minister expressed that Pakistan desires peace in the region, however, India had different priorities altogether.
'Indian political system seems to be polarized,' said the minister.
Shah Mehmood expressed that New Delhi was reluctant in the initiation of dialogue adding that the conflicting issues could only be resolved through dialogue.
'India did not send a positive message through the development and the cancellation would affect other Saarc countries as well,' said the lawmaker.
India backs off from planned meeting with ... 05:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2018
NEW DELHI - A day after agreeing to a planned meeting with the foreign minister of Pakistan, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, ...
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said on Friday that there will be no meeting between the two foreign ministers in New York.
- Ayaz Amir’s wife requests pre-arrest bail in daughter-in-law's ...01:49 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022