FM Shah Mehmood cites upcoming elections in India as reason behind 'surprise' cancellation of ministers' moot
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has expressed surprise at the cancellation of a planned meeting with Indian counterpart, citing the upcoming elections in India as a possible reason.
In a brief response over the withdrawal of India from foreign ministers moot on the sidelines of United Nations General Assembly, the minister expressed that Pakistan desires peace in the region, however, India had different priorities altogether.
'Indian political system seems to be polarized,' said the minister.
Shah Mehmood expressed that New Delhi was reluctant in the initiation of dialogue adding that the conflicting issues could only be resolved through dialogue.
'India did not send a positive message through the development and the cancellation would affect other Saarc countries as well,' said the lawmaker.
India backs off from planned meeting with ... 05:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2018
NEW DELHI - A day after agreeing to a planned meeting with the foreign minister of Pakistan, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, ...
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said on Friday that there will be no meeting between the two foreign ministers in New York.
- Indian female school teacher suspended over ‘pro-Pak lines’ ...10:46 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Hot weather likely to prevail in most parts of country during 2-day ...10:05 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020