Javeria, Fatima lift PCB Challengers to 2nd win in Women Cricket C'ship
PCB Challengers chased down the PCB Blasters' 185 in the 48th over for the loss of seven wickets.
Javeria, who hit eight fours, put a 61-run partnership for the third wicket with Natalia Pervaiz (22). Diana Baig also contributed with an unbeaten 41-ball 35, which included three fours.
For PCB Blasters, Aliya Riaz was the pick of the bowlers with three for 45.
Earlier in the day, PCB Blasters' Umaima Sohail struck 73 in 121 balls, embellished by seven fours, to help her side to 185 for eight in the allotted 50 overs after being put in to bat. Almas Akram chipped in with an unbeaten 23 off 20 balls laced with two fours.
Fatima Sana returned four for 34, the best bowling figures in the match, while Syeda Aroob Shah grabbed two wickets. This went down as PCB Challengers’ second win on the trot after their victory over the PCB Dynamites on Friday.
The fifth match of the tournament, between PCB Dynamites and PCB Blasters, will be held on 23 September at the same venue.
Scores in brief:
the PCB Blasters 185-8, 50 overs (Umaima Sohail 73, Almas Akram 23 not out; Fatima Sana 4-34, Syeda Aroob Shah 2-29) the PCB Challengers 186-7, 47.2 overs (Javeria Rauf 48, Diana Baig 35 not out, Natalia Pervaiz 22; Aliya Riaz 3-45)
Player of the match – Fatima Sana
As a result, the PCB Challengers won by three wickets.
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Shehbaz Sharif released on bail04:05 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021