Mayor Karachi Waseem Akhtar's passport confiscated
An anti-terrorism court was hearing a case pertaining to providing treatment to terrorists and had summoned mayor of the megacity in this regard.
During the hearing, the ATC judge reprimanded Waseem Akhtar, saying that despite being the mayor of the city he did nothing for it, reports Geo News.
The court, in its remarks, said that the passport was given to the mayor for official visits and if he is not using it anymore then he should hand it over.
The court then took into custody the passport from the mayor Karachi.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021