Coronavirus: Pakistan approves Rs75b relief package for daily wagers
ISLAMABAD - The federal cabinet Tuesday approved a relief package of worth Rs75 billion to provide financial assistance to labourers and daily wagers, who lost their jobs due to coronavirus pandemic.
The meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan where it ratified the decisions taken by the Economic Coordination Committee.
On Monday, Minister for Industries Hammad Azhar addressing a media conference following the meeting of Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) a relief package worth Rs75 billion has been proposed under the Ehsaas program to help daily wagers, and those who have lost their jobs due to the lockdown.
He said that 4-6 million deserving people, who are not part of the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program, will be given Rs12,000 each.
The government is going to set up a web portal for unemployed persons, he said, adding that the people can be able to register themselves through phones.
Azhar went on to say that the ECC has approved the Chota Karobar Imdadi Package, under which the government will pay the electricity bills of small traders for three months.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020