Army chief announces full medical support to corona-hit PIA crew
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has announced that Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) crew, who is suffering from COVID-19, will be provided treatment at Combined Military Hospital (CMH).
PIA CEO Air Marshal (retd) Arshad Malik thanked the army chief for extending the support, adding that cooperation between national institutions during tough times boosts unity in the country.
Malik said that PIA is operating special flights to bring back stranded Pakistanis from different countries, adding that over 24,000 people have so far reached their home.
He reiterated that the national carrier will continue the operation with the permission of the government till the last Pakistani is brought back.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has also announced to provide special seats for infected PIA workers in its C-130 aircrafts.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020