Indian Minister Babul Supriyo calls for temporary ban on Pakistani artists
Supriyo said that the song 'Ishtehaar' from film 'Welcome to New York' sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan should be dubbed by someone else. Supriyo was also joined by film's producer Vashu Bhagnani.
Bhagnani said, "We made this song around 8-9 months ago. Now the film is releasing the day after tomorrow. We want to remove this song because for us the country and our soldiers come first. But still we cannot do anything as the film is releasing this Friday."
Supriyo explained his stance that while he believed that artists have no boundary, there were Indian soldiers dying on the borders and so it was their responsibility as a nation to not allow Pakistanis to work in India as long as their own country was invested in terrorist activities.
Supriyo said,"I think the rhetoric that tensions between India and Pakistan can be solved through cricket and music cannot be applicable for sometime. In Cricket, we are not allowing Pakistan cricketers to play in the premier league. And I think the Bollywood, which is a strong medium in itself, should take a stand as well on this issue."
Supriyo also cleared that his views were personal and he did not represent government's stance in this.
Talking about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', with which the issue of banning Pakistani artists rose, Babul said, "During the time of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', I took a stand in support of the makers and had to face a lot wrath for that. I had said that the film has been made and should not be obstructed because our Indian producers will face the losses. I stand by my fraternity. But right now, it is time that we show restraint when it comes to using Pakistani artistes in Bollywood."
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan’s first meme auctioned for $52,00009:40 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021