Pemra suspends Bol News’ licence over anti-judiciary content
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on Friday suspended the licence of Bol News channel for thirty day and imposed a fine of Rs1 million over airing anti-judiciary content.
A notification issued by the regulatory body said that Sami Ibrahim, host of a current affairs program, Tajziya, and senior reporter Mian Dawood discussed a matter related procedure for appointment of judges during the program dated Jan 12, 2021.
It added that they journalists had made irresponsible remarks against the judiciary.
پیمرا کا "بول نیوز" کا لائسنس 30 یوم کیلئے معطل اور دس لاکھ جرمانہ عائد pic.twitter.com/tiM3Xoe1XV— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) January 22, 2021
Pemra had issued the show cause notice to the Bol News the same day, seeking reply within 7 days but it did not submit any response.
Celebs lash out at PEMRA for trying to ban ... 12:09 PM | 8 Oct, 2020
Mehwish Hayat’s latest TVC for a biscuit manufacturing company became the centre of controversy as people think ...
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petroleum prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021