Man beats up journalist for spreading fake news about his death on social media
KARACHI - In another instance of fake news being spread through social media, a man was revealed as dead in a morgue was still alive and in a bid to prove that he beat up a journalist allegedly involved in spreading the news about his death.
Muhammad Saleem Jokhio, who got fame through video addressing Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairperson Bilawal and bitterly asked him to take action against his party leaders who allegedly took bribes for postings and transfers and became millionaires by selling lands to Bahria Town and DHA was under an impression that he might have been killed because of the allegations he levelled against the PPP leaders.
On June 20, Jokhio, a former official of the local government in Sindh, in a bid to prove that he is still alive and kicking, attacked a journalist Saami Memon in Malir Press Club, with the help of his friends, on the account of allegedly spread the fake news about his death on Facebook . Ironically, this information also emerged after Jokhio’s friend Imran Jhokhio shared a post on Facebook .
Saleem Jokhio was depicted as dead in the video due to his striking resemblance with the deceased identified as Ahmed Ali.
An official of the Orangi Town police station confirmed that unidentified men shot and killed Ali and another man, Allah Ditta, outside the Mominabad police station on June 17. After viewing images sent via Whatsapp of Jokhio addressed towards Bilawal , the official at the Orangi Town police station confirmed the dead man as Ahmed Ali, saying the person in the video was unknown to him.
In a video, emerged on social media Saleem Jokhio, revealed that he was doing the job with the local government in Sindh since 1993, tells Bilawal about alleged corrupt practices of his ministers Agha Siraj Durrani, Sharjeel Memon, Syed Nasir Shah and one Jafar Khawaja.
Jokhio claims in the video that “Nasir Shah is so notorious for taking bribe that he can come out of washroom wearing towel for taking the bribe.”
Speaking about the alleged corruption for transfers and postings, he tells Bilawal that as much as Rs5 million for posting and Rs3 million per month were taken for a posting or transfer.
In the video, he claimed to have a complete record of Aga Siraj Durrani, including cheques and pay orders. In addition, he claimed, Jafer Khawaja kidnapped him and he lodged an FIR against him, adding that Khawaja was the front man for Sharjeel Memon.
In addition, he asks Bilawal to inquire how fire erupted at Durrani’s Italian-tile featuring villa in Garhi Yasin and turned millions of dollars into ashes.
- Iran urges Saudi Arabia to work together to resolve problems10:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- PIA detected 466 fake degree-holders in last 5 years09:45 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan on right track after tackling inherited economic woes, says ...08:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Naming Babar Azam as captain, PCB announces squad for T20 matches ...08:14 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- China rejects US diplomat's 'negative propaganda' against CPEC ...08:01 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019