Indian variant of coronavirus spreading rapidly in Israel
Israel on Monday registered the highest daily coronavirus infection rate in two months, with 125 people testing positive.
Local outbreaks of the delta variant have been reported across the country.
Chezy Levy, the director-general of the Health Ministry, told Israeli television that about 70 per cent of the new infections were with the Delta variant. He noted that half of those infected were children, and that a third of those infected had been vaccinated.
The delta variant was first found in India and is considered highly contagious.
Until a few days ago, new daily infections in Israel were registering only in single digits. The requirement to wear masks was lifted across the nation last week.
There are 434 active coronavirus cases in Israel and 258 patients are in a serious condition, according to Health Ministry’s data released on Monday. The number of fatalities in Israel is 6,428. More than 5.5 million Israelis have received their first coronavirus vaccination, and 5.1 million have received their second dose.
- Pakistan gives up plan to host Afghan leaders for peace09:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- PUBG global championship with $6 million prize pool announced09:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan condemns extra-judicial killing of two Kashmiri youth by ...08:45 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- PIA and HBL partner to bring exclusive discounts to their customers07:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Nora Fatehi stuns fans with alluring dance moves on ‘Disco ...05:04 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021