FBI may have found way to unlock San Bernardino attacker's iPhone
A court hearing with Apple scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed at the request of the US Justice Department (DOJ), Apple has confirmed.
Federal authorities have asked to hold off on a much-anticipated court hearing set for Tuesday over the FBI’s demand for Apple to help unlock an encrypted iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino attackers, FOX6 News reported.
But Apple has continued to fight the order, saying it would set a "dangerous precedent".
Rizwan Farook and his wife killed 14 people in San Bernardino, California, last December before police fatally shot them.
In a filing late Monday, federal prosecutors said “an outside party” has come forward and shown the FBI a possible method for unlocking the phone used by one of the shooters in the Dec. 2 terror attack.
Authorities say they need time to determine if the method will work without compromising data on the phone.
The FBI says Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik were inspired by so-called Islamic State and that the iPhone may contain crucial evidence.
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020