PM Nawaz given no chance to address Islamic summit despite hours-long preparations
According to Roznama Nawa-i-Waqt, the prime minister spent two and hours to prepare a speech during a special flight to Saudi Arabia to attend the summit.
The daily reported that Special Adviser to PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz was present to tell the reason why the prime minister was not invited to address the gathering.
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump called on Arab leaders to do their share to fight “Islamist extremism” in a speech that put the burden on the region to combat militant groups while urging unity among religions.
“We are not here to lecture, we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship,” Trump said.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022