PM Nawaz given no chance to address Islamic summit despite hours-long preparations
RIYADH - Pakistan that is a front line player in the war on terror apparently faced isolation at US-Arab Islamic Summit where Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was not given a chance to present his point of view regarding terrorism .
According to Roznama Nawa-i-Waqt, the prime minister spent two and hours to prepare a speech during a special flight to Saudi Arabia to attend the summit.
The daily reported that Special Adviser to PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz was present to tell the reason why the prime minister was not invited to address the gathering.
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump called on Arab leaders to do their share to fight “Islamist extremism” in a speech that put the burden on the region to combat militant groups while urging unity among religions.
“We are not here to lecture, we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship,” Trump said.
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia today to discuss bilateral ties08:45 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019