PM Nawaz given no chance to address Islamic summit despite hours-long preparations
RIYADH - Pakistan that is a front line player in the war on terror apparently faced isolation at US-Arab Islamic Summit where Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was not given a chance to present his point of view regarding terrorism.
According to Roznama Nawa-i-Waqt, the prime minister spent two and hours to prepare a speech during a special flight to Saudi Arabia to attend the summit.
The daily reported that Special Adviser to PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz was present to tell the reason why the prime minister was not invited to address the gathering.
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump called on Arab leaders to do their share to fight “Islamist extremism” in a speech that put the burden on the region to combat militant groups while urging unity among religions.
“We are not here to lecture, we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship,” Trump said.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019