PM Nawaz given no chance to address Islamic summit despite hours-long preparations
RIYADH - Pakistan that is a front line player in the war on terror apparently faced isolation at US-Arab Islamic Summit where Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was not given a chance to present his point of view regarding terrorism.
According to Roznama Nawa-i-Waqt, the prime minister spent two and hours to prepare a speech during a special flight to Saudi Arabia to attend the summit.
The daily reported that Special Adviser to PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz was present to tell the reason why the prime minister was not invited to address the gathering.
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump called on Arab leaders to do their share to fight “Islamist extremism” in a speech that put the burden on the region to combat militant groups while urging unity among religions.
“We are not here to lecture, we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship,” Trump said.
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020