Five Pakistan Army officers martyred in PIA plane crash
LAHORE – Five officers of Pakistan Army have died in today's tragic plane crash in Karachi, sources told DailyPakistan on Friday.
They have been identified as Major Shehryar, Capt Ahmed Mujtaba Khan, Lieutenant Shaheer, Lieutenant Balach, and Second Lieutenant Hamza Yousaf.
The military's media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), is yet to make a statement.
Source adds that Squadron Leader Zain-ul-Arif of Pakistan Air Force, who was traveling in the ill-fated PK8303 was also among the deceased.
A spokesman for the national flag carrier, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), said the A320 Airbus was carrying 90 passengers and 8 crew members from Lahore to Karachi on PK 8303.
Eyewitnesses said the Airbus A320 appeared to attempt to land two or three times before crashing in a residential area near the airport after what appeared to be an engine failure.
- Canada's Trudeau felicitates Pakistanis on Independence Day12:17 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- NAB launches corruption probe against mayor of Pakistani capital10:53 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- India 'welcomes' normalisation of UAE-Israel diplomatic ties08:34 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan honours first ISI officer with gallantry award07:58 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020