PIA plane with 99 onboard crashes near Karachi airport
KARACHI – A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) passenger plane has crashed near the Jinnah International Airport in Karachi just a minute before landing on Friday.
The flight PK-8303 from Lahore was about to land in Karachi when it crashed at the Jinnah Garden area near the populated area of Model Colony in Malir.
According to eyewitnesses the incident took place at 3:25 PM near the residential area, which is around four kilometers away from the airport. Reports claimed that the incident happened due to technical problems in the landing gear.
Nearly 100 people, including 91 passengers and 8 crew members, were aboard the flight.
Pakistan Army medical teams, rangers and law enforcement personnel have reached the crash site to assist the civil administration. Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has assured full cooperation in the ongoing rescue efforts.
Pakistan Army chief condoles loss of precious ... 04:11 PM | 22 May, 2020
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff Qamar Javed Bajwa on Friday condoled the loss of precious lives in tragic PIA ...
So far, one dead body has been recovered from the site. Injured residents have been shifted to nearby hospitals.
A number of houses were damaged in the plane crash incident while the electricity in the area has been cut off.
The provincial government has imposed an emergency at hospitals while all senior doctors and surgeons have been directed to assume their duties immediately.
This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020