Ramazan will complete 30 days, Eid-ul-Fitr on May 25: Met Dept
LAHORE – The Meteorological Department has forecast that the ongoing Holy month of Ramazan will complete 30 days, adding that Eid-ul-Fitr likely to fall on May 25.
The Met Department forecast came after the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ruet-e-Hilal Committee had come face to face on this important issue.
According to the Meteorological Department, the month of Ramazan could last for 30 days. The moon of Shawwal is likely to appear on May 24 instead of May 23. Thus, Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country on May 25.
Previously, Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry has claimed that the Shawwal moon will appear on May 23, which has triggered a debate between national institutions on regarding appearing of the moon of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Like many other countries Pakistan will celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday (May 24), Fawad Chaudhry claimed on Thursday in a private TV talk show.
He said that this year Eid will be celebrated across the country according to the calendar prepared by the science ministry.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020