‘UnLearn, ReLearn’: Doha set to host WISE summit 2019 in Nov
Should schools teach students how to be happy? Will artificial intelligence make teachers obsolete? Should schools get rid of grading systems?
These questions will be at the heart of the discussions at the moot going to be held during Nov19-21, 2019. The summit will reimagine the future of education around the theme “UnLearn, ReLearn: What it means to be Human”.
In the context of a rapidly evolving world with exponential technological changes, it’s time to rethink what makes us uniquely human. More than 200 speakers and 150 sessions will shape conversations about the future of education and the behaviors, skills and traits we must unlearn and relearn in order to flourish in the 21st century.
Stavros Yiannouka, WISE CEO, states: “In education, we naturally focus on what we should learn. We also think there’s an important role to play in unlearning. We should challenge some of our assumptions about the way we live, the way we work, and the way we interact with each other.”
From discussing how to relearn the emotional skills we need in order to learn, to debating whether well-being should be taught in schools, to uncovering global ed-tech trends and their impact on innovation, WISE 2019 will address the pressing issues and current trends facing education.
The speakers include: Armen Sarkissian, Armenia, President of Armenia; Jason Silva, TV Personality (USA); Max Tegmark, professor at MIT (USA); Joysy John, Director of Education in the Innovation Lab (Singapore); Valerie Hannon, United Kingdom, Board Director, Innovation Unit; Fred Swaniker, Co-founder of the African Leadership Group (Ghana); Dr Rosemary Luckin, UCL Professor (UK); Dr. Patrick Gyimah Awuah Jr, Founder and President of Ghana’s Ashesi University (Ghana); Beth Yu, Executive Secretary-General, Jack Ma Foundation (China); Dr. Jordan Shapiro, global policy and education thought leader (USA); Dr. Andy Cope, teacher (UK) and others.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021