‘UnLearn, ReLearn’: Doha set to host WISE summit 2019 in Nov
DOHA - The tenth edition of the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) is set to commence in Qatar 's capital, Doha in November with over 2,000 educators, decision-makers, and experts from over 100 countries.
Should schools teach students how to be happy? Will artificial intelligence make teachers obsolete? Should schools get rid of grading systems?
These questions will be at the heart of the discussions at the moot going to be held during Nov19-21, 2019. The summit will reimagine the future of education around the theme “UnLearn, ReLearn: What it means to be Human”.
In the context of a rapidly evolving world with exponential technological changes, it’s time to rethink what makes us uniquely human. More than 200 speakers and 150 sessions will shape conversations about the future of education and the behaviors, skills and traits we must unlearn and relearn in order to flourish in the 21st century.
Stavros Yiannouka, WISE CEO, states: “In education, we naturally focus on what we should learn. We also think there’s an important role to play in unlearning. We should challenge some of our assumptions about the way we live, the way we work, and the way we interact with each other.”
From discussing how to relearn the emotional skills we need in order to learn, to debating whether well-being should be taught in schools, to uncovering global ed-tech trends and their impact on innovation, WISE 2019 will address the pressing issues and current trends facing education.
The speakers include: Armen Sarkissian, Armenia, President of Armenia; Jason Silva, TV Personality (USA); Max Tegmark, professor at MIT (USA); Joysy John, Director of Education in the Innovation Lab (Singapore); Valerie Hannon, United Kingdom, Board Director, Innovation Unit; Fred Swaniker, Co-founder of the African Leadership Group (Ghana); Dr Rosemary Luckin, UCL Professor (UK); Dr. Patrick Gyimah Awuah Jr, Founder and President of Ghana’s Ashesi University (Ghana); Beth Yu, Executive Secretary-General, Jack Ma Foundation (China); Dr. Jordan Shapiro, global policy and education thought leader (USA); Dr. Andy Cope, teacher (UK) and others.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019