US 'deeply concerned' over inhumane situation in Occupied Kashmir
WASHINGTON – The United States is concerned over the current situation in Occupied Kashmir and is closely monitoring the situation in the territory after India 's decision to scrap special status on August 5.
This was stated by Acting Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Alice G Wells in a statement submitted to the Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, and Nonproliferation of the US House Foreign Affairs Committee.
Wells said the Valley has not returned to normal and the State Department has raised concerns with the Indian government regarding detentions of residents and political leaders, including three former chief ministers of Jammu and Kashmir .
"We have urged Indian authorities to respect human rights and restore full access to services, including internet and mobile networks," she added.
Both foreign and local journalists have faced challenges in access and reporting due to security restrictions, the American official highlighted.
Indian High Commission lacks moral courage to ... 11:37 AM | 22 Oct, 2019
RAWALPINDI - Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor in a Tweet here on ...
Wells said exact figures are difficult to ascertain, we understand several thousand people have been detained many without charges under the Public Safety Act- over the past two months.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019