US 'deeply concerned' over inhumane situation in Occupied Kashmir
WASHINGTON – The United States is concerned over the current situation in Occupied Kashmir and is closely monitoring the situation in the territory after India's decision to scrap special status on August 5.
This was stated by Acting Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Alice G Wells in a statement submitted to the Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, and Nonproliferation of the US House Foreign Affairs Committee.
Wells said the Valley has not returned to normal and the State Department has raised concerns with the Indian government regarding detentions of residents and political leaders, including three former chief ministers of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have urged Indian authorities to respect human rights and restore full access to services, including internet and mobile networks," she added.
Both foreign and local journalists have faced challenges in access and reporting due to security restrictions, the American official highlighted.
Indian High Commission lacks moral courage to ... 11:37 AM | 22 Oct, 2019
RAWALPINDI - Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor in a Tweet here on ...
Wells said exact figures are difficult to ascertain, we understand several thousand people have been detained many without charges under the Public Safety Act- over the past two months.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020