Dictatorship prevalent in Pakistan under CJP Nisar, declares Nawaz Sharif
"What is prevalent in the country is not a democracy, but the worst kind of dictatorship under [Chief Justice] Saqib Nisar," claimed the former premier as he talked to media outside the accountability court in Islamabad.
The Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz 'Quaid for life' continued that what was happening in the country was not less than a 'judicial martial law adding that restrictions being imposed today, were not even enforced during the martial law.
The 68-year-old politician claimed that serious efforts were being made to get him convicted in the corruption references being heard by the accountability court.
The former lawmaker also fired a broadside at Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf over the recent Senate elections and expressed that Jamaat-e-Islami chief Sirajul Haq's statement regarding the massive horse trading should be pondered over.
"Imran Khan should also ask himself on whose orders his party gave votes in the election," said the premier and inquired whether the people who practice un-principled politics can bring 'change'?
The former premier challenged his arch-rival Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf supremo to own his vote for Pakistan Peoples Party.
NAB court adjourns Al-Azizia case owing to Wajid ... 09:51 AM | 23 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court on Monday adjourned the hearing of a corruption case regarding Al-Azizia Steel ...
"Imran Khan should also inform the public how the party's candidate Chaudhry Sarwar bagged a Senate seat from Punjab", wondered the former premier.
Earlier, Nawaz Sharif, daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar appeared before the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir, after they landed back from London - where Kulsoom Nawaz is undergoing treatment.
As many as three corruption references have been filed against the Sharif family by the anti-corruption watchdog, on the directives of the top court, which pertain to the Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, offshore companies including Flagship Investment Ltd, and Avenfield properties of London.
Sirajul Haq alleges PTI of electing Senate ... 08:57 AM | 21 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) emir Senator Sirjaul Haq has claimed that the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf had voted for ...
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021