LHC directs to ensure ban on burning of crops in Punjab to control smog
LAHORE – In its move to control smog for the upcoming winter season, the Lahore High Court (LHC) has directed all Deputy Commissioners in Punjab to ensure a ban on burning of crops stubble.
According to a written order issued by Justice Shahid Karim, In case of any violation is committed within a district, the Deputy Commissioner concerned will bear the burden of the responsibility for that.
The court has also directed the agricultural secretary to convene a meeting and take measures for strict compliance with steps necessary to control smog by avoiding to burn crops.
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020