Avenfield properties case: Nawaz, Maryam and Safdar reach NAB court
Judge Mohammad Bashir hearing the case, filed by the National Accountability Bureau (Bureau) shortly, while Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law reached court.
Khawaja Harris, Counsel for Sharifs, will cross-examine a key prosecution witness forensic expert Robert Radle, who recorded his statement via video-link at Pakistani High Commission in London.
The court will also record the statement of other witness Raja Akhtar in the case.
NAB Deputy Prosecutor General Sardar Muzaffar Abbasi, Investigation Director Amjad Majeed and the representatives of the accused also present at the Pakistan High Commission.
'Calibri Font Exited in 2005'
During his testimony before the court, Radley said that the Calibri font existed when the trust deed of the property was prepared.
He said that the font was not commercially available before January 2007 and the trust deed was prepared in February 2006 hence it was fabricated.
He explained the dates were changed on the pages two and three of the declaration. The page two and three of both the declarations seemed similar and it is hard to tell the fake from the original, he added.
He explained that 2004 was changed into 2006 in the documents, adding that most likely ‘4’ was in place of ‘6’ in the year.
The documents had four stapler holes instead of two, said the witness, adding that it seemed that to change the documents the corner piece was opened.
He further said that he examined the typing font of the documents as well.
Calibri font — in which the documents were typed — was not present on a commercial basis until January 31, 2007.
Radley in his testimony said that the declaration could not have been prepared commercially before January 31, 2007.
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021