Amena Khan - First hijabi L'Oreal model quits campaign over accusations of anti-Israeli tweets made in the past
The French cosmetics brand selected her last week to be the first woman in a hijab for a mainstream shampoo campaign.
Khan's messages, posted on Twitter in 2014, have since been deleted.
L'Oreal group, contacted by AFP, said it "approved" her decision.
It is not the first time a L'Oreal advertising campaign to promote diversity has floundered.
- Pakistan's top commander visits logistics installations and workshop ...08:32 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- PSL6 game between Quetta Gladiators-Islamabad United postponed after ...07:50 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Pakistani lawmakers call on PM Imran (VIDEO)07:40 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Punjab schools to start academic year from August 107:24 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik thanks Pakistani fans for the love06:30 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Aishwarya Rai’s Pakistani doppelgänger says being offered films03:34 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021