Camels disqualified from beauty contest in Saudi Arabia
Camels were disqualified from annual beauty contest as they were accused of ‘artificial beauty’ (Botox)
Saudi Arabia: A dozen of camels we’re disqualified as their handlers injected Botox to make them look more handsome. As the camels race down on the sands of Arabia judges grade them for their fuller lips, cheeks, heads and knees.
The camel beauty pageant is held every year for a month, this year the location was changed to the outskirts of the capital , where men gathered and enjoyed this show.
Machines have made life a lot easier by taking place of animals. Camels are a very big part of the Saudi culture as it was used to commute , trade and make money. Arabs from the start had an daily life affiliation with camels. In this festival there are food stalls, museum where life sized camel sculptures are present, souvenirs points, tents for tasting camel's milk and viewing camel-hair textiles, and a planetarium where the old Arab times are shown where they used to travel through the desert with the help of stars.
The chief judge explained;
“The camel is a symbol of Saudi Arabia. We used to preserve it out of necessity, now we preserve it as a pastime.”- Fawzan Al Madi
As the world is changing every second along with the kingdom their preferences and choices are changing too but they are keeping their past heritage and culture close to their hearts so they can connect their next generations with their roots and that too in a very interesting way.
- Sanam Jung addresses divorce rumours and why she isn’t living with ...10:52 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- APML shares Pervez Musharraf’s latest picture, asking for prayers10:29 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman all praise for DailyPakistan reporter celebrating Lahore ...09:50 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan drops a stunning selfie after second child's birth08:11 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021